Welcome to this spiritual and adventurous journey with me (Ameya A. Deshpande) – The Narmada Parikrama (circumambulate Narmada)

Day 15 – 6th February 2011

This was the conclusion of our Narmada Parikrama.
With the bath in waters of Narmada, which I was gonna miss from now on , started the day with the Sankalpa purti pooja (संकल्प पुरती).
We cooked the Prasad (sweet sheera). Then the prayers , Kanya poojan etc etc.
And then finally crossed Narmada maiiya to reach Jitendra Sashtri's home where we were served tasty lunch.


Spent the whole day visiting various ghats and temples at Omkareshwar.

Had a mixed feeling of Joy of completion of the Parikrama , but also somehow had startedliking the Narmada river , its chilled water , its vast and deep waters , those clean banks.
But as the river flows on , Life too goes on.

The next day let Omkareshwar , heading back to Panvel !!



Naramade Harr !!!

7 comments:

  1. I liked your day to day travelogue very much dear.After reading it I decided for parikrama once in my life by car...and you are the inspiration for that.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I want to know expenses.. if I go by maruti wagnor , how much it will cost me ? please also mention food n accomdation separately.. I am not expecting precise amount but tentative amount..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please experience the Uttarvahini Narmada Parikarma in Chaitr Mas(This is 20 Km of Parikrama)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Narmade Har. Please guide me about Five Village Parikrama of Maa Narmada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is called Uttarvahini Panchkoshi Parikrama.

      send me an email so I can guide you for the same.

      Delete
  5. kHUPACH CHAN VARNAN. i ALSO HAD PARIKRAMA BY BUS FOM MUMBAI, THOUGH I AM FROM hYDERABAD. GREAT EXPIRIENCE. NARMADE HAR.
    I TRAV ELLED BY ONE PRABHU TRAVELS FROM DADAR. WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE I FEEL LIKE GOING BY CAR AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice...with parents Narmada Parikarma so lucky fulfilled your birth desire!
    Narmada Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete