Welcome to this spiritual and adventurous journey with me (Ameya A. Deshpande) – The Narmada Parikrama (circumambulate Narmada)

Day 6 – 28th January 2011

|| नर्मदे हर ||

Date : 28th January 2011
Start : Nareshwar
End  : Kukshi
Distance :  287 km

Now early morning bath in cold river water was a normal start of the day :)
The scenice beauty was awsome.My camera had a good feast of the scenice beauty ; the still water , the rising golden yellow sun. Just amazing !!





We left for Kukshi . On the way at a small town Kayavarohan we visited a amazing Bhrahmeshwar temple.
It is 1st time I saw a temple with 3 layers/floors each depicting one era (लोक).
On the top most (or ground level) is Shiv lok (शिव लोक) ,
Below it is Brahma Lok (ब्रह्मं लोक)
At lowermost level is Vishnu lok (विष्णू लोक).


On the Shiv lok floor there is a Shiv ling (शिवलिंग).
There are paintings all around explaining various Yoga postures and Hand Mudras (हस्त मुद्रा).
Also statues of Gayatri Devi, Suryanarayan, Lakulish etc. which are forms of Shiva.
On the below level is Brahma Lok (ब्रह्मं लोक)
with beautiful statues of his forms (अवतार) viz.Narada Muni (नारद मुनी),Kamalasan ,Viranchi etc.
And lower most level of  Vishnu Lok (विष्णू लोक)  with his forms - Lord Ram, Lord Krishna,His sons -Pradyumna,Anirrudha etc.
A very informative temple , beautiful and very clean. Made it a point to revisit this place once again some day later in life.













On the way then went to Tembeswami Kuti (टेंबे स्वामी कुटी) at Tilakwada and then to Garudeshwar.
Here is a famous Dutta temple (दत्त  मंदिर) on the banks of river Narmada ,a panaromic place.
Sardar Sarovar a famous dam on the river
Narmada is very near from this place.
At sardar sarovar there is a Hydro electric generation. Had a short visit to this dam.







Then drove to a small town called Kukshi via Alirajpur. Nothing worth mentioning about Kukshi. Just as any other small town you will find in India.

10 comments:

  1. Wanted more details as I am planning to visit next month.Kindly connect me on shahcb57@yahoo.co.in. - Chetan

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Is this the end of the parikrama?
    If there is some more,please share. You can reach me on my personal email ID shashankmg1@gmail.com.

    Thanks in advance
    Shashank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please speak to me on 0 988 412 6417 I plan to go this parikramaa during Dec end Or please give me an sms I shall call you Sivayanamaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ! Thank you very much. Can you please give me more information on buying original natural narmadeshwar shivling ? OHM NAMAH SHIVAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ! Thank you very much for this Article....OM NAMAH SHIVAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I really enjoyed reading this account. What a fantastic and fabulous country India is. I'm sat here at work at the end of a cold English winter day you've transported me to a taste of paradise! Well done and thanks. Maybe one day I will visit India again (only been once to Bangalore and Mysore) and experience some more of the wonderful sights you've described.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello sir can u send me the gopal krishna dharmshala location point on map.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Way of presenting. Would you by any chance have details of yatris who walk. planning / desired to do it myself. some guidance will be of use

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative and well presented blog. Thank you.

    Sir, we are planning for Parikrama by Car in November this year. Your this blog ends at Kukshi. Can you please give details of further journey till completion of Parikrama. Please send it to my mail ID. How do I contact you ?

    ReplyDelete